Pages - Menu

Saturday 8 June 2013

Strawberry Fair and Playing the Djembe with the Hippies

I met up with a bunch of friends and went to a thing called Strawberry Fair the other day. I thought this particular event must have some large significance to strawberries because of the name but it was actually a free music and arts event. Didn't see many strawberries but there were stages with live bands and lots of stalls where people can buy food and crafts. Pretty cool... almost a festival type atmosphere.
We were walking around the fair and saw a big group of people jamming on some djembes. When I was watching I suddenly had the urge to give it a go. So when they started to wind down and prepare to start up again I quickly took an empty seat with my friends. We then made up a beat with total strangers and just went with it and it didn't turn out to badly at all.
So the drumming kept going and so I kept playing but it was now at least 10mins since we started and my hands and wrists were starting to hurt but I couldn't leave as I felt obliged to keep going and not create a scene by messing up the beat. So when it was over I was so glad as my hands at the time were red raw lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment