Pages - Menu

Monday 6 May 2013

My Almost New Bike


To help me get around my new surroundings and explore I decided to purchase a bike. But as I don't have much money left over after my recent escapades - interning in New York and the cost of moving down to Cambridgeshire - I bought a fixer upper.

An old school road bike (Puch 10 speed) for only £50! Total bargain. I kinda like these old bikes as they are made to last and also being so cheap it wouldn't be such a big problem if it was stolen. So after a little bit of work cleaned up components, replaced the brake cables and added new handle bar tape it was good to go.

I have to say this is the best purchase that I have made in a little while and I'm loving it. Cant imagine not having a bike. I think as soon as I save enough money I might just buy myself a faster and lighter one. Or even better if I had enough time maybe design my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment